JUST THE FACTS

When I initiated this campaign for the United States House of Representatives from the 4th Congressional District, I said that it would be important to educate the public about Tom Latham’s voting record. Unless the public knows how Tom Latham votes, it will be difficult for them to see the distinction between him and me.

So, in my effort to educate the public, I am launching this segment entitled “Just the Facts.” Each week I will post one new fact about Tom Latham and me. These will be just facts, not opinions. I shall leave it to the readers to draw their own opinion.
If you would like to make a comment or have a conversation about any of these facts, please visit my Facebook page.

~ Bill

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week #1: Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and The Paycheck Fairness Act

Fact:  The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act restored workers’ rights to challenge illegal wage discrimination in the federal courts. The Paycheck Fairness Act closes loopholes, strengthens incentives to prevent pay discrimination, and brings the Equal Pay Act in line with other civil rights laws. It also prohibits retaliation against workers who inquire about employers’ wage practices or disclose their own wages.

Fact:  Tom Latham voted “No” on the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.  Tom Latham voted “No” on the Paycheck Fairness Act.

Fact:  As the 4th District Congressman, Bill Maske would have voted “Yes” for the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the Paycheck Fairness Act.